Thursday, February 18, 2010

What is a Retro Diva?

 eret·ro 
Pronunciation: \ˈre-(ˌ)trō\
Function: adjective
Etymology: French rétro, short for rétrospectif retrospective
Date: 1974
: relating to, reviving, or being the styles and especially the fashions of the past : fashionably nostalgic or old-fashioned

di·va
Pronunciation: \ˈdē-və\
Function: noun
Etymology: Italian, literally, goddess, from Latin, feminine of divus divine, god
Date: 1883
1 : a usually glamorous and successful female personality ; especially : a popular female singer s>
My name is Didi. I love art and crafting. I am especially fond of the fashions and styles from 1920-1950. This past Christmas I opened the RetroChristmas store on Etsy. I found that I am very fond of retro Christmas and all the decorations that go with it. I  also found it limiting.
In this blog I will share my thoughts, ideas, crafty-ness, as well as the fabulous retro things I find around the web, and of course stories from my retro adventures. 

Don't forget to stop in often as I will update frequently. 


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails